Top Hat Lecture app for iPhone and iPad
Top Hat helps professors make teaching more fun and effective by turning distracting mobile devices into learning tools and building comprehension with customizable, affordable textbooks and interactive homework.
Millions of students at 750 leading North American colleges and universities use Top Hat’s interactive engagement tools, course materials and homework.
“Students already have their phones in their hands, they are probably looking at them in class, so why not turn that into something useful.“ —Professor, Biology, California State University
• Experience your lecture like never before—with Top Hat, you can synchronously view slides on your mobile device, in real time, as your professor moves through them in class
• Get ready for an engaging classroom experience, where instructors embed multiple question types such as multiple choice, word answer, numeric response, sorting, and click-on-image to make lectures more interesting and fun
• Discussions and polling—provide instant feedback to your instructor on whether they need to cover that last concept once more before moving on
• Automated attendance, grading, and participation—check into class using a unique code on your mobile device to pick up easy participation marks
• Complete homework for grades or for review—students can access graded and nongraded homework or short quizzes that instructors use to test for gaps in understanding
• More affordable textbook options—with Top Hats Marketplace, your instructor can choose to adopt online course materials that are more engaging, interactive and affordable than traditional textbooks. Interactive textbooks from Top Hat are embedded with images, videos, audio clips, moving timelines and embedded questions—all designed to engage students and help deepen understanding of course concepts
91% of Instructors believe that Top Hat makes a positive impact on their students learning experience.
Pros and cons of Top Hat Lecture app for iPhone and iPad
Top Hat Lecture app good for
Lectures are engaging and interactive now. Looking forward to seeing where this app goes in 2015.
Used it for class attendance and it is neater and more organized than ever!
I usually fade out by the halfway point of class but this worked pretty well and made going to class a lot more fun than when I have to go to other classes that are boring.
Ive been using top hat for three months, and its really user-friendly. Today I experienced a tiny glitch when submitting an answer to a quick-add question. Within minutes of emailing the support team, my issue was resolved. Theyre really in top of things. Thanks top hat team :-)
This app is very convenient for university students. With this app, I dont even have to bring my laptop to class more
This is a good learning tool, specifically its ability to track participation.
Some bad moments
It seemed ok at the start but now its really glitchy and often times does not load. I wouldnt want to use it again.
Cant create an account with the app, as it will not let me check off the box for "agreement with terms and conditions etc..."
Considering that students pay for subscription and use, all these problems are just shameful.
-cannot tell which questions were answered already and which were not (question should move into an "answered" folder or something, should not have to look for own name or answer in list)
-organization is very undeveloped. Even the professors find it difficult to use this. Again, so easy to fix.
-improve design of flipping through questions.
- no landscape mode
-glitches, stops responding often for both students and professors
You should be able to see when a question is due. Also, there should be a way that you can see the right answer AND your answer at the same time, instead of going back and forth between gradebook and the question.
Poor app . I lost bonus points because this app wouldnt load . College professors should stop using it .
This is the bane of the U of C. Theres a proximity setting where, if youre not close enough to the class, you cant answer the questions (even though answering the questions only gives me participation marks in class, regardless of whether Im right). My professor is terrible, but I cant sit at home and teach myself the course material from the textbook because of this damn app.
top hat lecture,
top hat monocle,
and other. So, download free Top Hat Lecture .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Top Hat Lecture iOS app used & searched for