Top Hat helps professors make learning more fun and effective by turning distracting mobile devices into learning tools and building comprehension with customizable, affordable textbooks and interactive homework.
Millions of students at 750 leading North American colleges and universities use Top Hat’s interactive engagement tools, course materials and homework.
“Students already have their phones in their hands, they are probably looking at them in class, so why not turn that into something useful.“ —Professor, Biology, California State University
• Experience your lecture like never before—with Top Hat, you can synchronously view slides on your mobile device, in real time, as your professor moves through them in class
• Get ready for an engaging classroom experience, where instructors embed multiple question types such as multiple choice, word answer, numeric response, sorting, and click-on-image to make lectures more interesting and fun
• Discussions and polling—provide instant feedback to your instructor on whether they need to cover that last concept once more before moving on
• Automated attendance, grading, and participation—check into class using a unique code on your mobile device to pick up easy participation marks
• Complete homework for grades or for review—students can access graded and nongraded homework or short quizzes that instructors use to test for gaps in understanding
• More affordable textbook options—with Top Hats Marketplace, your instructor can choose to adopt online course materials that are more engaging, interactive and affordable than traditional textbooks. Interactive textbooks from Top Hat are embedded with images, videos, audio clips, moving timelines and embedded questions—all designed to engage students and help deepen understanding of course concepts
91% of Instructors believe that Top Hat makes a positive impact on their students learning experience.